Java / Scala Engineer
At Pollfish we interact and collect useful information for millions of consumers worldwide everyday through their smartphone devices. We are partners with more than 100k mobile applications (Android/iOS) accessing more than 500M unique devices. Our mission is to provide quality information at scale. Our tech stack: Scala, Play!, Spark, Kafka, Kubernetes, Cassandra, Hive, Druid, Redis, PostgreSQL and React for the front-end.
We are looking for a talented engineer to be a part of our engineering team and work with our PO, designers, and engineers.
- Strong knowledge of Scala or Java (willing to switch to Scala)
- Experience with one of the following build tools: Maven, Gradle or SBT
- Experience with MVC frameworks (Play, Spring, Web MVC, etc.)
- Experience with technologies like Redis, EhCache, ORMs(eg: Hibernate)
- Experience with relational databases (eg: PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- Familiar with End-to-End and Unit Testing
- Experience working with RESTful APIs
- Full stack orientation (i.e. the ability to also contribute in the front end) will be considered a plus.
- Gets excited about new technologies and is unafraid to dive in, learn and use them
- Ability to adopt new systems and technologies to achieve high throughput and real-time results
- Can operate in a fast paced startup environment
- Team player
- Stock option plan
- An attractive salary package
- Employer sponsored health insurance plan
- Monthly coupons for personal groceries
- Flexible working hours, ability to occasionally work from home
- Healthy food, snacks and beverages
- Weekly lunches
- Workstation hardware of your choice
- Pleasing and flexible startup environment
- Part of an innovative tech company
Pollfish is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.