Scala/Java Back-End Developer
At Pollfish we interact and collect useful information for millions of consumers worldwide everyday through their smartphone devices.
We are partners with more than 9000 mobile applications (Android/iOS) accessing more than 280,000,000 unique devices.
Our mission is to provide quality information at scale.
Our back-end stack: Scala, Cassandra, Spark, Citus, Redis and PostgreSQL.
We are looking for a talented Scala / Java Developer to help us serve, store, query and analyze terabytes of data and keep up with the increasing traffic.
- Strong knowledge of Java or Scala
- Test driven development
- Experience with Maven or SBT
- Gets excited about new technologies and is unafraid to dive in, learn and use them
- Ability to adopt new systems and technologies to achieve high throughput and real-time results
- Experience with Play (Scala)
- Understanding of messaging queues like RabbitMQ or Kafka
- Experience with big data technologies
- Experience working with RESTful APIs
- Can operate in a fast paced startup enviroment
- Has done some really cool stuff and optionally has a Github profile to demonstrate them
- Team player
- Stock option plan
- Pleasing and Flexible Startup environment
- Workstation hardware of your choice
- Part of an innovative tech company
Pollfish is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.