Back-End Data Engineer
At Pollfish we interact and collect useful information for millions of consumers worldwide every day through their smartphone devices.
We are partners with more than 10k mobile applications (Android/iOS) accessing more than 500M unique devices.
Our mission is to provide quality information at scale.
Our back-end stack is written in Scala and is composed of Spark, Finatra, Thrift, Akka, Kafka, Kubernetes, Docker, Cassandra, Hive, Druid, Redis and PostgreSQL.
We are looking for a talented engineer to help us serve, store, query and analyze terabytes of data and keep up with the increasing traffic. The engineer will be part of a data-oriented team that focuses on the support and development of Big Data services.
- Strong knowledge of Scala or Java (willing to switch to Scala)
- Experience with some build tool, e.g., Maven, SBT, Gradle, etc.
- Understanding of messaging queues like RabbitMQ or Kafka
- Experience with Big Data technologies (Spark, Hadoop, Cassandra, etc)
- Experience working with RESTful APIs
- Experience with ETL tasks
- Interested to participate in Machine Learning projects
- Gets excited about new technologies and is unafraid to dive in, learn and use them
- Ability to adopt new systems and technologies to achieve high throughput and real-time results
- Can operate in a fast-paced startup environment
- Has done some really cool stuff and optionally has a GitHub profile to demonstrate them
- Team player
Additionally, the following will be considered a strong asset:
- Familiar with Machine Learning models and frameworks
- Statistical analysis and modeling (hypothesis testing, probability theory, etc.)
- Stock option plan
- Pleasing and Flexible Startup environment
- Workstation hardware of your choice
- Part of an innovative tech company
Pollfish is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.