At Pollfish we interact and collect useful information for millions of consumers worldwide everyday through their smartphone devices.
We are partners with more than 10k mobile applications (Android/iOS) and websites accessing more than 400M unique devices.
Our mission is to provide quality information at scale.
As a System Administrator you will be running the infrastructure for our service.
You will manage our ever-growing data stores and applications. You will ensure that our databases / application are fully monitored and always available, you will work closely with the development teams to understand load requirements in order to adequately scale the clusters and stay ahead of demand.
Our current stack:
- Cassandra datacenters / clusters
- Scala/Java services
- Azure cloud
What You Must Do To Be Successful In This Position:
- Automate all the things
- Constantly monitor and proactively take steps to make improvements
- Work closely with Development to ensure that database and application load is managed
- Keep production systems operational with failover, backup, and recovery plans
- Proven working experience with a cloud provider / cloud system (Azure,AWS,OpenStack etc.)
- Proven working experience with SQL and noSQL databases
- Proven working experience as a system administrator
- Proven working experience with a systems and configuration management software (ansible, puppet, etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, integrity
- Excellent linux / system administration experience
- Fast learner following best practices
- Team player
- Able to deliver stable and solid solutions.
- Ability to automate / monitory deployments
It would be great if you had:
- A deep knowledge and experience working with NoSQL database technologies like Cassandra
- Proven working experience with Datastax stack Cassandra/Spark/Solr
- Proven working experience with Redis and redis-cluster
- Proven working experience with PostgreSQL
- Working experience with bare-metal
- Stock option plan
- Pleasing and Flexible Startup environment
- Workstation hardware of your choice
- Part of an innovative tech company
Pollfish is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.